Canadian Chair Professor
Marine Environmental Protection
The Professor, Marine Environmental Protection(Canadian Chair), is responsible, under the supervision of the Vice President Academic Affairs, for the coordination and delivery of ocean law and/or management and marine spatial planning fields, including teaching, research and student supervisory programmes.
As a member of the faculty and professional staff at WMU, the incumbent will work to keep WMU positioned as an academic institution of excellence, help advance the institution and build its reputation in the relevant field of expertise.
The position offers an attractive salary (P4 Grade of the ICSC salary scale), free of income tax in Sweden, a benefits package and relocation expenses. Applicants must fill in the Personal history form and send a letter of interest, a complete CV, and the contact information of three referees to Marco Batista, Head of Human Resources (email@example.com).
This position is open strictly to citizens of Canada
Post-Doctoral Fellowship, WMU-Sasakawa Global Ocean Institute
The Post-doctoral Fellow/Researcher will work with the Principle Investigator (PI) and will undertake research and capacity-building initiatives assigned by the PI, Director and the Head of Research at theWorld Maritime University in Malmö, Sweden, as well as in the field in the Eastern Caribbean.
Kindly find the link for the Closing the Circle Programme website to familiarize with the programme information and thematic areas.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will have expertise in MSP, be expected to demonstrate capacity for high impact, and ideally interdisciplinary research activity both within and across groups in academic and/or industry settings. The candidate must have a research profile in MSP evidenced by publications in leading journals in the field, presentations at international conferences and strong endorsements by referees.
At WMU, the candidate should expect to:
● Lead and co-supervise the research undertaken within the project, particularly relating to MSP in the context of the Eastern Caribbean Region for:
o Internal purposes (guidance for overall strategic direction of the project´s research, guidance for PhD candidates)
o External purpose (partake in outreach activities, such as partnership meetings, conferences and online learning activities)
● Develop and partake in science communication and publishing endeavours of the project team;
● Develop the relevant content of an online learning and knowledge management platform, in particular relating to the design of e-lessons and webinars, curricula, related to MSP to serve the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders;
● Publish high-impact, peer-reviewed scholarly articles;
● Perform any other tasks relating to research, education or capacity building as may be required;
● Undertake special projects and other duties as may be assigned by the PI and the Head of Research.
The full-time position offers a stipend of SEK 32,000 per month free of income tax in Sweden. A part-time and remote working arrangement may be considered, in which case, the monthly stipend shall be pro rata.
Applicants must apply by sending their complete application including all documentation to Head of Human Resource Mr. Marco Batista on firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com. Following documentation shall be submitted via email with subject line Post-doctoral Fellowship Application: The NF-WMU Closing the Circle Programme
1. Current CV and UN Personal History form P11 (including contact to three referees)
2. A statement of purpose/contribution
3. Copy of passport (data page, only for internal record)
Secretary (GS-4), WMU-Sasakawa Global Ocean Institute
The Secretary will report to the Director of the WMU-Sasakawa Global Ocean Institute. He/she will provide administrative and secretarial support to the Head of Research and the Research Officers.
The incumbent will in particular provide the following support services:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the GOI Director and Head of Research the Ocean Governance Programme and Project implementation, including the teaching and doctoral supervision scheduling
- Provide administrative support for the Head of Research;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the GOI team, including office management tasks and scheduling of meetings;
- Provide secretarial support for meetings, seminars and conferences;
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs;
- Perform receptionist duties when needed;
- Undertake all other secretarial and administrative tasks as may be required or assigned by the GOI Director;
Outreach and communication
- Support Project Engagement and Implementation Officer and Senior Secretary with events organisation including administrative and logistical tasks;
- Assist Senior Secretary with the production of communication material (brochures, documents and reports);
- Prepare and draft correspondence, memos and documents;
- Make for travel arrangements, including accommodation, as may be required, and provide assistance to visiting professors, donors and guests;
- Assist in the maintaining of websites, databases and online tools.
Finance and Procurement
- Support Project Engagement and Implementation Officer and Senior Secretary with financial and procurement processes: adapting templates, preparing spreadsheets, for verification, drafting debit notes, requesting commitments;
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products;
- Assist in drafting requests for procurement, and calls for tenders;
- Support Project Engagement and Implementation Officer and Senior Secretary with project-related budget forecasts, and prepare small budgets, e.g. for events or communication activities.
- Providing statistics and data for annual reports;
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the GOI Director.
Applicants must fill in the Personal history form and send it together with a letter of interest/statement of contribution, a complete CV, and the contact information of three referees to Marco Batista, Head of Human Resources on email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This position is only open to persons legally authorized to live and work in Sweden. The selected candidate will be locally recruited.