Regional Conference of the "Closing the Circle" Programme
The World Maritime University (WMU)- Sasakawa Global Ocean Institute is hosting the Regional Conference of the "Closing the Circle" Programme: Identifying Regional Challenges and Opportunities to Address the Issue of Marine Debris, Sargassum and Marine Spatial Planning. The Conference is scheduled to take place from 4 to 7 April 2022 in Dominica, with virtual participation available on 5 - 6 April 2022 from 08:00 - 18:00 AST (14:00 - 00:00 CET)
This inter-sectoral stakeholder conference with contributions and presentations from key stakeholders in the regional from Ministries, UN Agencies, Funds and Programmes, Regional Organizations, Academic Institutions and Civil Society is aimed at addressing the contentious issues of marine debris, sargassum and marine spatial planning in the Eastern Caribbean.
- Societal Awareness
- Science & Technology
- Blue Green Economic Responses
- Covid-19 Impacts & Responses
- Climate Change & Small Island Developing States (SIDS)
- Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction (BBNJ) & the Post 2020 Biodiversity Framework
- Socio-economic Assessments of Marine Plastic Pollution
- Sustainable Solutions for the Future
- Role of Monitoring Science and Citizen Science
To attend the conference virtually, please register via Zoom here.
Onsite participation is by invitation only. If you are interested in attending onsite, kindly contact email@example.com.
The Closing the Circle: Marine Debris, Sargassum and Marine Spatial Planning in the Eastern Caribbean Programme was implemented in 2020 by the GOI with the generous support of The Nippon Foundation.